Super Steam Carpet Cleaning - 760-975-2731
RSS

Recent Posts

Protecting Your Investment
There is a difference between a good price and a good value!
Going "Green" Carpet Cleaning!
Why Bad Carpet Cleaning is BAD.
Owner-operated has numerous advantages to the customer.

Categories

Business Cents
Excellent Carpet Cleaning Techniques
Good carpet cleaning service
powered by

My Blog

Why Bad Carpet Cleaning is BAD.

So it's been almost a year since you had your carpets cleaned and you've got company coming in town for a Fourth of July bash.  Money's tight so you search Craigslist for an affordable company to come do some serious carpet cleaning.  That's where you find it.  That giant captain that says: "CARPET CLEANING FOR ENTIRE HOUSE, JUST $69."  You think, "why not?"  "What's the worst that can happen?"

There are many reasons why you need to be careful here.  First of all, the obvious reasons: Is this company insured?  Is this company bonded?  Do they have a business license?  What type of training do they have?  Are they certified?  Do they have tattoos over every surface of their bodies?  What types of chemicals are they using?  What type of equipment are they using?....The list goes on.  One thing you can be sure of, (and this is true in every aspect of business) if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.  Chances are at these prices, you don't have any idea what type of service you are going to get or who (or what) is going to come in to your home.  Still, there is an even bigger danger here to consider.

Let's think of this in terms of laundry.  What happens if you stain a nice shirt with coffee or wine?  For the purpose of this example, let's say this stain sat on that shirt for some time in the laundry basket.  Then, your spouse put this shirt through the wash without noticing the stain.  What just happened?  You guessed it, the stain is "set."  An otherwise treatable stain is now permanent.  The exact same thing can happen with your carpet.

You see, carpet cleaning is not rocket science but there is a process.  There is most definitely a right way and a wrong way to carpet cleaning.  If a carpet cleaner does not use the proper chemicals or equipment on an otherwise treatable stain, that stain can now become permanent.  In other words, your carpet is ruined because of bad carpet cleaning.   For example, I recently had a customer with a typical light color synthetic carpet.  There was a lot of traffic area soiling (dirt stains) in between her couch and coffee table. I thought to myself, "this customer is going to be so impressed with her carpet when I finish this."  Truth be told, I see these types of high traffic soiling areas all the time.  These types of stains almost always come completely out of the carpet making the carpet look new and me look like a hero.  Such was not the case with this particular situation.  In the end, I used some spotting techniques to make her carpet look much better but there was still a slight shadow of where the original traffic area was.  The customer was VERY pleased with the end result but I was not.  After interviewing the customer I realized what the problem was.  In the past, this customer has always cleaned her carpet herself by renting a Rug Doctor at the local grocery store.  The problem is that you are not always using the right chemicals (or equipment)  for the right types of carpet and stains.  Without using the right product for this traffic area, the customer "set" the stain in the carpet before I even arrived.  It's like throwing your nice shirt in the laundry without properly treating the stain first. The end result is that you might think you are saving some hard earned cash by "going cheap" but you could end up spending a lot more money in the long run by sacrificing your entire carpet by "setting" the stains.  I can say with a great deal of confidence that if the customer had called me initially to clean her carpets instead of using the Rug Doctor, her carpets would still look like new. The same goes for other "low budget" carpet cleaners.  I can testify that there are a lot of companies out there offering very cheap service and they just don't have proper carpet cleaning training, chemicals or equipment.

22 Comments to Why Bad Carpet Cleaning is BAD. :

Comments RSS
Carpet Cleaning Melbourne on Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:25 AM
I’ve just started my own online presence for my business, but there are some great ideas in the list that I really could do and hadn’t thought of at all. I would like to add this to my Facebook, not sure how to do it yet, but I will figure it out somehow.

Moses Kody on Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:21 AM
There are many reasons why you need to be careful for bad carpet cleaning is bad. I am so pleased to get this awesome topic in this website. Thanks and keep it up...

Carpet cleaning accessories on Friday, January 04, 2013 5:26 AM
The issue that you have raised through this blog is actually the one to think on. After reading the blog a question would definitely raise in reader’s mind.

group tour package on Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:24 PM
I want to show my thanks to you just for rescuing me from this problem. After looking out throughout the world wide web and finding methods that were not beneficial, I was thinking my entire life was well over. Being alive devoid of the answers to the problems you have solved by way of your write-up is a serious case, as well as ones that would have in a negative way damaged my entire career if I hadn't come across your web page. Your good expertise and kindness in dealing with everything was invaluable. I don't know what I would have done if I had not discovered such a thing like this. I'm able to at this time look ahead to my future. Thanks a lot very much for this high quality and results-oriented help. I will not be reluctant to suggest the sites to any person who desires guide about this area.

glass clamp on Friday, May 17, 2013 11:09 PM
I just had a problem using the WordPress Global Translator Plugin so I would be careful when rewriting your plugin section for your book. The issue was the inability to update old posts. I am using wordpress 2.7.1.

alvario on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:38 AM
There are actually a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That may be a nice point to carry up. I offer the ideas above as general inspiration however clearly there are questions just like the one you bring up the place an important thing will probably be working in sincere good faith. I don?t know if finest practices have emerged round things like that, but I'm sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Each boys and girls really feel the affect of just a moment' pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

Anonymous on Monday, June 10, 2013 3:35 PM
Hi there, I discovered your blog by the use of Google at the same time as looking for a comparable matter, your site came up, it appears great. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

Rental cleaning Sydney on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:27 PM
A great content for getting the proper information regarding carpet cleaning..thanks for sharing this post with us...

Ernest Brobst on Tuesday, July 08, 2014 2:18 AM
It is important to buy a perfect cleaner for cleaning. Otherwise, it may effect on the environment as well as our health. Thanks dude for this great job...

telicando marafecco on Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:19 PM
Wie um in kann dies eine sein ausgezeichnete Geld Administration Verfahren . telicando marafecco http://telicandomarafecco24.com telicando marafecco

telicando marafecco on Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:01 PM
Natuerlich Normalerweise , gesteuert Sport war nur a Materie Zeit bezahlt so . telicando marafecco http://telicandomarafecco24.com telicando marafecco

réplicas de relojes on Saturday, November 29, 2014 7:03 AM
Enthusiasten haben eine Tendenz fuer sein extrem in Bezug auf ihre Lieblings favorisiert Team oder Faktoren in der Regel nicht gehen Titel richtig . réplicas de relojes http://www.replicarelojesrapido.com réplicas de relojes

réplicas de relojes on Saturday, November 29, 2014 9:16 AM
Du wirst in der Lage zu sein Zugang a true Geld Uhr auf einer taeglichen Basis, 7 sieben Tage a week Genuss . réplicas de relojes http://www.replicarelojesrapido.com réplicas de relojes

Stock Tips on Saturday, June 27, 2015 1:40 AM
Thank you for this extremely brilliant blog! We really appreciate your blog post. There are actually a multitude of techniques we could put in to make really a good use of information without much efforts and financial resources.

Your Cleaning Matters on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 3:34 AM
Hi, Big hello from the UK, I represent carpet cleaning in Bromsgrove and I'm writing a facebook post about poor carpet cleaning and would like to say that some of the prices we see locally near Birmingham are either very poor cleans or the are using the bait & switch method. Great post thanks !

Your Cleaning Matters on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 3:38 AM
Hi, I represent carpet cleaning Bromsgrove and I'm doing a facebook post regarding poor carpet cleaners either offering a bad service or looking to upsell using the bait & switch tactic, I must say this is a great post and blog. Many Thanks

Nicky on Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:23 PM
Thank you very much for that helpful information!

thesoothingair on Saturday, April 21, 2018 5:03 AM
My carpet smells really bad, I used detergent powder to clean it up. It seemed better for a few days but its all the same after a week or so. What might be the reasons? I have a kid who, at times, pees on the carpet. Is there any waterproof carpet on the market? I will be pleased if you can help me with that issue.

buy college papers online on Thursday, May 10, 2018 9:41 AM
Really looking for some writing, please recommend me few great links here on this portal. thank you in advance for great help and support.

alice on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 1:42 AM
nice

Lottie on Saturday, June 23, 2018 3:24 AM
Carpet Cleaning is such a troublesome and precarious errand that you can't did it independent from anyone else and even general cleaning is likewise insufficient for your carpet since cover gets earth in particular and spread germs in your home. Me and my family continuously falls sick once in a week and the reason which I found that my cover isn't spotless legitimately. At that point I contract Sk Carpet Cleaning Melbourne for the treatment of my cover. What's more, in the wake of adjusting their administration I feel exceptionally cheerful in light of the fact that now my cover look so spotless and notice so new. I m extremely inspired with their administration. Thank a considerable measure Sk Carpet Cleaning Melbourne.

key fob on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 12:55 PM
An Ultimate guide for Key Covers which will surely help you decide and choose your awesome Key Cover. Here today we have listed out some of the amazing Key Covers for you, With complete research on every type of Key Cover after reading it will be a piece of cake for you.